Our attorneys regularly travel the world to promote the EB-5 Regional Center program, and have the pulse of the EB-5 market to structure your EB-5 Regional Center and/or EB-5 Project so that it is attractive to foreign investors. By paying close attention to the details of your project, the Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C. ensure that your Regional Center and EB-5 Projects are set apart from the competition; thereby making it more attractive to EB-5 applicants from around the world who are looking to immigrate to the United States through the EB-5 Regional Center Program.
Capital Funding Segments
In today’s economic climate, finding conventional financing for development is becoming exceedingly difficult. Banking institutions have tightened credit to the point where even the most proven investors and organizations must demonstrate substantial equity investment before construction loans are provided. Furthermore, when banks do agree to fund a development project, the financing offered is usually in the form of short-term bridge loans, which lack the portfolio stability needed to attract private venture capital. On the other hand, when U.S. venture capital gets involved, it is invariably in the form of very high interest mezzanine financing, creating risk issues which makes other potential investors steer clear.
For these reasons, U.S. projects seeking funding are turning increasingly toward foreign venture capital that is generally available at lower interest rates than U.S. venture capital, especially when paired with immigration structuring for the investor. Through the EB-5 Program or other suitable investment-based visas, the cost of such funding can actually be substantially lower than the best bank rates available.
The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates works with the following types of clients to develop structured, targeted foreign venture capitalization plans which addresses the needs and wants of foreign investors and the goals of our clients:
- EB-5 Regional Centers seeking to tailor, fine-tune, or re-invent offerings and/or economic methodologies to generate maximum EB-5 investor interest.
- U.S. developers seeking foreign venture capital from high net worth individuals for whom the EB-5 program is not viable based upon the global tax implications of U.S. residency.
EB-5 Regional Centers
As of April 1, 2014, there are over 440 Regional Centers designated by USCIS. The EB-5 market is oversaturated with extensive competition as a result of the long list of EB-5 Projects that are being offered. Due to such fierce competition, Regional Centers tend to seek assistance from third-party vendors to reach out to investors and promote their EB-5 Projects.
Regional Centers usually outsource their marketing services to attorneys, agents, and immigration consultants. Let’s face it, while these could potentially be suitable channels to promote EB-5 Projects on behalf of Regional Centers, such service providers lack the marketing know-how to ensure successful delivery of promotional campaigns that Regional Centers require for their EB-5 Projects.
1. EB-5 Regional Center Setup Services
Below is a list of services that Law Offices of Kameli & Associates offers as a complete EB-5 solution for setting up a Regional Center.
- Matter of Ho Compliant Business Plans
- Private Placement Memorandums
- Econometric Analysis
- Partnership Agreements
- Escrow Agreements
- Job Tracking Documentations
- Regional Center Map and TEA Designations
- Administration Documentation
- Regional Center Marketing Documentation
- Marketing Materials
- Operations and Marketing Plan and Budgets
- Responses to the USCIS Requests for Evidence (RFE)
2. EB-5 Project Marketing Services
The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates houses a team of domain-expert professionals who will work with your Regional Center to create a custom turnkey marketing solution that suits their EB-5 Project requirements. Our services cover all branding, placement, event-planning, and marketing initiatives that are appropriate for a particular project.
- Setup capital objectives, funding amount, and timelines
- Evaluate existing venture capitalization and needs
- Evaluate existing brand recognition and market placement
- Evaluate current online presence or activities
- Formulate capitalization plan and timeline
- Define geographic global regions where investors are most likely to be identified
- Setup online and social media in selected markets
- Integrate immigration solutions with the foreign venture capital plan
- Create brand, logo, and new website
- Create marketing content
- Execute online optimization and brand-establishment plan
- Setup international marketing events and seminars
3. EB-5 Capital Fundraising Services
The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates engages with international partners in key jurisdictions. We also work with U.S. investment bankers who represent potential investors already doing business in the U.S.
We provide your Regional Center with the necessary support to maximize your desired EB-5 investment fund-raising results. Teaming with the Law Offices of Kameli & Associates provides the required international reach to realize EB-5 capitalization objectives through comparably low-cost foreign capital funding.
- Liaison with international venture capital groups and resources
- Coordinate with identified U.S. investment bankers
- Promote the EB-5 Program directly to foreign investors