Avoiding litigation is a top priority for most employers, and the attorneys at the Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C are experienced in providing advice and counseling that minimizes the risk of litigation. While we frequently advise clients on preventive and cost-effective alternatives, civil litigation is an unavoidable reality in the business world, and litigation defense is a significant part of our firm’s practice.
When facing employment litigation, employers need fast, effective, and focused legal assistance. The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C. has the experience and resources to respond quickly when a lawsuit does arise, and offers cutting-edge strategies to help limit the client’s exposure and costs. Every day, employers look to The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C. to assess their class action risk and to identify and remedy vulnerable workplace policies and procedures before they become problems.
We represent clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts in lawsuits pertaining to various employment matters, including:
- Wrongful discharge and termination claims;
- Benefits litigation involving wage and hour issues, unpaid commissions, vacation pay, severance pay;
- Contract and labor disputes;
- Unfair competition and trade secrets;
- Employment discrimination; and
- Sexual harassment.
Employee Policy Handbook
Regardless of the size of your business, having an employee handbook that addresses the company’s policies and procedures can be one of the most valuable business documents you will create and use. An employment handbook is the foundation of your relationship with your employees, but it is also the foundation of a risk reduction strategy for employers who want to avoid employment-related litigation.
At The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C., we help businesses of all kinds and sizes draft and adopt employee handbooks and other policies that reflect the true intentions of the employer and reduce legal liability.
There are a variety of legal considerations a business should take into account when adopting its employee handbooks and policies. We assist businesses in addressing the implications of federal and state employment laws with regard to policies, including the following:
- Overtime and other wage and hour policies;
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave policies;
- Accommodation policies under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Discrimination and sex harassment policies;
- At-will employment policies;
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) complaint policies; and
- Administrative and internal complaint policies
Part of running a serious business is giving serious thought to employment policies with the help of an experienced lawyer and putting those policies in writing in the form of an employee handbook. Most critically, a comprehensive employment handbook protects the company from litigation and administrative hearings by clarifying employment policies for workers and managers.
Medical and Dental Professionals
The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C. is an all-encompassing solution for physicians and other medical professionals. We assist physicians and dentists in almost all aspects of their professional and personal life. Our lawyers understand the unique personal and professional needs of those in the health care industry.
We are capable of helping you with all of the legal matters you or your practice may encounter, including business law matters, such as:
- Formation and governing documents for medical practices (articles of incorporation and organization, bylaws, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements and more)
- Buy-Sell agreements
- Immigration and visa issues
- Consulting agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Employment agreements/severance agreements
- Drafting an Employee Policy Handbook
- Joint venture agreements
- Employment law
- Non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Real estate (sale and purchase agreements)
- Business separation/dissolution agreements
- Equipment lease agreements
- Minority entity certification
- Workout agreements with personal and business creditors
- Loan agreements and collateral documents
- Business planning and evaluation
- Risk management/insurance issues
- Commercial litigation
- Tax matters
Our team represents dentists, doctors and other medical providers in all professional licensing and disciplinary hearing matters, including:
- Public health code violations
- Prescription abuse
- Blue Cross excess billing, upcoding or overbilling claims
- Blue Cross departicipation and reparticipation actions
- Medicare and Medicaid exclusion and reinstatement proceedings
- D.E.A. deregistration and reregistration litigation
- National Practitioner Data Bank responses and exceptions